In recruitment of forest guards, clerks peon in Pune forest division, serious criminal and administrative lapses including forgery, cheating and criminal breach of trust, which attract penal action up to life imprisonment were established in the enquiry conducted by APCCF. Report is hushed up by office of the Principal Chief Conservator of Forests, Maharashtra. Allegedly lots of bribe money exchanged in the whole process in selection; and then in hushing up the enquiry. People allege that for hushing up enquiry senior officials accepted bribe……
For direct recruitment of 59 Forest guards, 18 clerks & 2 drivers, Collector Pune vide his letter no. 2266/two dated 17-8-2009 addressed to Conservator of Forests, Pune Division, had approved to publish advertisement calling applications for aspirants for the said posts. In addition to this, recruitment was also to be done for 8 peons. Accordingly, written examinations were conducted for the said posts.
There were very serious allegations of corruption in recruitment process. The Principal Chief conservator of Forests (PCCF), MS ordered high ranking enquiry, conducted by APCCF, S.K. Khetrapal. Khetrapal after a detailed enquiry submitted its report dated 27-4-2010 to PCCF finding therein very serious criminal and administrative lapses in the whole process of selection.
The finding in enquiry report can be classified into two distinct groups, viz, illegalities and irregularities. Illegalities are purely criminal, while irregularities are administrative in nature. Thus both wrong doings attract prosecution and departmental enquiries respectively against the guilty. But what has been done in this very interesting case is detailed below.
APCCF’s report lists almost 12 administrative lapses in recruitment process, which can be read in the enquiry report dated 27-4-2010 communicated to CCF Pune vide letter dated 24-5-2010. These lapses are serious in nature and if proved in a departmental enquiry can lead to dismissal of the guilty from service. Readers if interested in this report, can go through the said letter of PCCF dated 24-5-2010.
There were mainly following types of complaint having criminality, which were doing the round here in Pune:
- Drafting of question papers and conduct of examination were out sourced hence many candidates were knowing the question papers before the examination on payment of extraneous considerations.
- On higher premium payment of bribe, even answer sheets were manipulated. Examiner himself has changed the answers by cancelling the wrong answers given by candidates. [ Though there was a very strict condition in question-cum-answer paper that if there are more than one answer ticked in the answer sheet then that answer would not be counted.]
- On still higher premium of bribe, even answer sheet were written after examination with the help of corrupt and guilty senior forest officers, These answer sheets were not having the signatures of those invigilators, which were conducting the examination because these answer sheets were written much after the examinations.
- Examiners have not counted correct answers in the answer sheet of normal candidates, who could not pay the bribe.
Findings of Enquiry report on above mentioned points:
1 Drafting of question papers and conduct of examination were out sourced hence many candidates were knowing the question papers before the examination on payment of extraneous considerations.
Not enquired by APCCF
2. On higher premium payment of bribe, even answer sheets were manipulated. Examiner himself has changed the answers by cancelling the wrong answers given by candidates.
APCCF has found the allegation to be correct and he has mentioned in para 7 of letter dated 24-5-2010 as under:
- For answer sheet of sitting no. 40863 ( later was corrected to be 40683) it was found that
- There are manipulation of 7 answers where more than one answers were marked and still 4 marks were given for them and rest three answers though were correct , but no marks were given. This is a clear cut case of forgery and criminal breach of trust as defined in Indian penal Code.
- As per report this person should have got 68 marks but he was given 71 marks and this has been taken to be a very suspicious act in the report.
3. On still higher premium of bribe, even answer sheet were written after examination with the help of corrupt and guilty senior forest officers, These answer sheets were not having the signatures of those invigilators, which were conducting the examination because these answer sheets were written much after the examinations.
The APCCF’s report found the allegation to be correct.
- According to report in para 6, APCCF has found that in clerks examination for sitting no. 20238 & 2055 signatures of invigilator are not tallying. For sitting no. 20218 & 20090 signatures of invigilator are not tallying on Question papers and OMR sheets.
4. Examiners have not counted correct answers in the answer sheet of normal candidates, who could not pay the bribe.
APCCF has found the allegation to be true.
- In para 8 of the letter, APCCF has reported that in the answer sheet of sitting no. 40047, one wrong answer has been shown to be correct and extra number has been given for it. Because of it, candidate could not come to the list of candidate selected for interview.
Not only this APCCF has found that examination for clerks post was conducted on 15-11-2009, answer sheets were sent to MKCL on 16-11-2009. Only 343 candidates answer sheets were sent for computerised evaluation, still it took CF Pune 3 months to send the list to Collector , Pune for approval.
WHAT APCCF HAS NOT MENTIONED IN HIS REPORT:::: SOME SAPMLES FOR READERS TO REACH TO THEIR OWN CONCLUSIONS::: THERE ARE MANY MORE LIKE THIS:::
1. Look here the answer sheet of sitting no. 40635. He has been given 71 marks needed for selection. Actual counting show that his correct answer give him only 50 marks. So much of forgery and cheating have been done in this answer sheet. But APCCF has not mentioned this in his report. And this person, Kadam Motiram Gopinath has been shown in the list of select candidate.
2. Look here answer sheet of sitting no. 41443, the candidate has been given 68 marks. But actually counting his correct answers marked in the answer sheet number should have been 69.
Criminal culpability and Responsibility:
It is very surprising to see that an officer of the rank of Principal Secretary to Government (SK Khetrapal) has been directed to enquire this very big corruption case in recruitment of forest officials. He enquires and in his report categorically finds serious cases of forgery, criminal breach of trust, cheating but when he submits his report to PCCF, then instead of taking action in the matter , i.e. filing FIR with the police and issuing charge sheet in the matter against the guilty, PCCF orders him to send his report to the same guilty persons to give their remarks on his report. CCF Pune ASK Sinha recommends to PCCF every where that all these faults , guilts and criminality should be pardoned. Invigilators signature were not sent for handwriting expert but CF Pune takes a forcible statement of invigilator mentioning he signed differently. Readers can understand his interest in the case. Anna Hazare saheb….where are you ?
Corruptioninmaharashtra.com firmly believes that if all the answer sheets are re-valuated then most of the selected and appointed persons would be out of job.